wined3d: Add Nvidia 8800GTX detection

Seth Shelnutt shelnutt2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:57:30 CDT 2010

For ati there is also GL_ATI_mem_info [1] or WGL_AMD_gpu_association [2] . I
believe that [1] is now obsolete as from reading some of the wine-dev
mailing list [3], and some other site it seems AMD is now pushing the using
of WGL_AMD_gpu_association instead. A patch could be written in the exact
same manor as your nvidia patch for ati. There doesn't appear to be an intel
or via extension to get video memory, although it's much less of a problem
for those integrated graphics.

One thing with your patch is that only since 190.x drivers has the extension
been introduced. So any card that is older than the 6xxx series won't
support the extension. So you could remove the code for the FX card and
below. Besides that I think your implementation is good; but I'm no dev, so
I'll let Roderick and Henri make the real comments.

[1] http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ATI/meminfo.txt
[2] http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/AMD/wgl_gpu_association.txt
[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg57060.html