[1\4]wined3d: Extend IWineD3D_GetAdapterDisplayMode with an extra paramater to pass back some extra adapter info. Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:52:19 CDT 2010

On 21 July 2010 17:18, Louis Lenders <xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> also thanks, i made a new patch here: http://pastebin.com/y5Kv52h0
> would that be ok?

Well, that patch can never work, but the change to WINED3DDISPLAYMODE
struct is what I meant, yes.

>>I also think the wined3d call should simply
>>retrieve all info, d3d9ex can discard it again if it feels like it.
>
> I don't exactly get what you mean here. Currently we can't retrieve display orientation as wine's EnumDisplaySettingsExW doesn't work as expected. Once EnumDisplaySettingsExW is implemented enough (for rotated stuff), IWineD3DImpl_GetAdapterDisplayMode will pass back the correct display orientation. Is that what you meant by remark above?

I mean that I don't think the "rotation" argument to
GetAdapterDisplayMode() should be allowed to be NULL. It probably also
makes sense to properly start adding the required support from the
bottom. XRandR should be able to retrieve the display rotation, but if
that's not available you can just let winex11.drv return an identity
rotation.