[6/6] shlwapi/tests: Correct the prototype of the StrRetToBSTR function pointer.

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 07:21:29 CDT 2010

On 07/22/2010 02:03 PM, Andrew Nguyen wrote:

> There are a few things I'm wondering about:
>
> When the winetest shlwapi binary was built, what made the compiler
> decide to import shell32 for the problematic string functions? Neither
> my local cross-compile build nor the build that the test bot performs
> seemed to do this. I notice that shell32 is the first import listed in
> dlls/shlwapi/tests/Makefile.in. Was it possible that the listed import
> order influenced how the compiler linked the string functions, and would
> changing the import order be preferable to explicitly loading string
> functions that seem to be available on all shlwapi versions?

No clue. If we want to test some function in shlwapi however why not
explicitly load them?

> Also, how is the skip detection for the case of a purported unavailable
> DLL done? It seems strange that the shlwapi tests were skipped entirely
> on various platforms when shlwapi should have been available for testing.

The first thing winetest does is run a "<dll>_test.exe --list" for each
dll. If there is a missing export (or import library) it will not
include this dll in the tests (so none of the subtests will run).

--
Cheers,

Paul.