RFC: draft HLSL test suite

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 10:16:12 CDT 2010

On 21 July 2010 23:46, Travis Athougies <iammisc at gmail.com> wrote:
> an HLSL test suite might be a good place to start, so here's a draft
> of a test framework and a few tests that use it.  It's not complete, I
> know (for one, I need to write tests for vertex shaders), but before I
> go any farther, I'd like to know get peoples' opinion on the design.
> Is this the way a wine HLSL test suite should look? Is there something
> else I should incorporate into these tests? I'm absolutely open to
> suggestions.
Leaving the (fairly significant) specific issues with the
implementation aside, the basic idea will work, but it seems to me
you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. This really
doesn't need to be much more complex than the tests in
dlls/d3d9/tests/visual.c, though a bit more generic would be nice.

> http://wiki.winehq.org/HLSLTestSuite
That page is pretty awful.