d3dx9: general direction/goal - speed, code "prettiness", etc?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 08:48:32 CDT 2010

On 24 July 2010 17:33, Misha Koshelev <misha680 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thus, I thought I'd pose the question - as to d3dx9, is our goal:
> a) speed
> b) code "prettiness"
> c) something else?
> I am tempted to think it is (a), but wanted to double check.
In the general case, maintainability. That includes things like
consistency and complexity. That's not to say you shouldn't care about
the other points *as well*, but if it comes down to a choice,
maintainability will likely win, unless you can prove that something
is e.g. a significant bottleneck in some applications.