GetVolumeInformationA: please test this on MS-Windows

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:04:20 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM,  <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wine's testbot job #3910 at http://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=3910
> contains one binary downloadable via http://testbot.winehq.org/GetFile.pl?JobKey=3910&StepKey=1
> that I'd like people to test esp. on Win9X machines (virtual or real). Please invoke it as
>
> wintest.exe volume # or X:\path\to\wintest.exe volume
>
> Please start it from *another* drive than C: (where your Windows directory is
> located) or it will skip the important test:
> volume.c:406: Tests skipped: Please re-run from another device than C:
> That's why testbot is not good enough here: its machines only have a single drive, C:
>
> Normal output on Win9X will be:
> volume.c:326: Test failed: info: GetVolumeInformationA did fail, current=C:\winetest, last error 161
> volume.c:342: Test failed: GetVolumeInformationA did not fail, last error 161
> volume.c:422: Test failed: GetVolumeInformationA failed, root=\\?\C:\, last error=53
> volume.c:428: Test failed: GetVolumeInformationA failed, root=\\.\C:\, last error=53
> volume.c:434: Test failed: GetVolumeInformationA failed, root=C:\WINDOWS\, last error=161
> volume.c:440: Test failed: GetVolumeInformationA failed, root=C:\WINDOWS, last error=161
> Normal output on more recent OS:
> volume.c:326: Test failed: info: GetVolumeInformationA did fail, current=C:\winetest, last error 123
> [other skipped tests not mentioned]
>
> The test in line 326 always fails in order to show what happens on the current directory. Try it out
> by starting from different directories.
>
> See bugs #23355 and #20887 about GetVolumeInformationA.

On my work machine the only non-C drives are network drives, but that
result is interesting as well:
volume.c:322: CurrentDirectory is F:\
volume.c:326: Test failed: info: GetVolumeInformationA did not fail,
current=F:\, last error 3735928559
volume: 297 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 1 failure), 0 skipped.

F: is a samba served network share. Machine is XP SP3.

--
-Austin