Right-To-Left (RTL) languages and Wine

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Jul 30 03:02:22 CDT 2010

Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:

> On 07/29/2010 08:13 PM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> That depends on the situation. In some cases it can be set globally
>> through the version resources, in other cases it will have to be set on
>> an individual resource basis, or specified directly in the code.
>
> When you say 'globally' do you mean everything running under (one)
> wineserver?

No, I mean globally for a process, this is always per-process. If you
put the magic string in the version resources the whole process is RTL,
making all the windows automatically WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL and mirroring all
the UI. That's the correct approach for Wine builtin apps, once
WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL works properly.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org