when checking for ALSA, look for snd_pcm_recover() instead of snd_pcm_hw_params_get_access()

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at
Fri Jun 11 03:34:36 CDT 2010

Hello Andrew,

On 11-06-10 10:18, Andrew Nguyen wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Maarten Lankhorst
> <m.b.lankhorst at>  wrote:
>> Is snd_pcm_recover the only function missing? If so change it to dlsym, and
>> add a copy of snd_pcm_recover to wine if it cannot find the libalsa one..
> Is it a problem to eschew the use of dlsym? It feels like modifying
> winealsa.drv to dynamically load libasound correctly would be much
> more burdensome than simply replicating the snd_pcm_recover
> implementation. I have a provisional patch that replaces a half-baked
> snd_pcm_recover-like internal helper with the actual snd_pcm_recover
> implementation from libasound. I would welcome any feedback on it.
Nah, I dislike the overuse of dlsym in wine too.

Can you name the function wine_snd_pcm_recover, and fix the SNDERR()
macro's? Otherwise looks good to me.