Inviting users to look for regressions in wine-1.2rc3?

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue Jun 15 00:13:27 CDT 2010

On 06/14/2010 11:02 AM, Ing. Simone. Giustetti wrote:
> How about 64 bit packages with Wow64 ? This feature is described as a major one
> for Wine release 1.2, but as far as I know no x86_64 package was released yet.
> I've been using it since release 1.1.44 for testing purposes and it seems pretty
> stable.
> If there are no objections, I'll upload i486 and x86_64 packages and announce it
> in Slackaware related communities asking for reviews / regressions.

On the Ubuntu side this isn't going to happen until Maverick due to
changes in the underlying handling of 64-bit libraries.  Or, put
differently, it's too big a change for a stable release update of Wine
in Lucid (1.2 will be fit for stable release update, however, exactly
because of all this regression-fixing we're doing).

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie