propsys: mention that the functions are stubs

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Jun 15 17:30:05 CDT 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, James Mckenzie wrote:
> >I'd say we need turn those into traces and add fixmes for the
> >unimplemented parts, if needed.
> >
> This actually might be better, but don't TRACES only appear if you are
> running in debug mode?  We do want to inform our user base that a
> failure happened due to partially implemented code rather than give
> them the impression that we don't care or only implement code to make
> certain programs work (hacky code...)

Calling a pseudo stub may *or may not* result in an application failure.
Usually they are added precisely because they avoid an application

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
                      Computers are like airconditioners
                They stop working properly if you open WINDOWS