Help with simple winelib dll

Seth Burleigh wburle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 08:50:45 CDT 2010

Thanks, the example helped, i added in the dll main part. But im still
getting the WinMain error and im convinced it has something to do with
how im executing winemaker.

winemaker . --nosource-fix --dll --single-target MyWin --nomfc -I"."
-L"." -iMyLinuxFunc

The new command line result of make is
winegcc -c   -I. -I.   -o MyLinuxFunc.o MyLinuxFunc.c
winegcc -c   -I. -I.   -o MyWin.o MyWin.c
winegcc  -o MyWin.so MyLinuxFunc.o MyWin.o    -L.   -lMyLinuxFunc
/usr/lib/wine/libwinecrt0.a(exe_main.o): In function `main':
(.text+0xa0): undefined reference to `WinMain'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: i486-linux-gnu-gcc failed
make: *** [MyWin.so] Error 2

The problem with doing -lMyLinuxFunc (where i have libMyLinuxFunc.so in
the directory) is that for some reason the output i get when doing make
is

seth at seth-laptop:~/devel/meta$ make
winegcc  -o MyWin.so MyLinuxFunc.o MyWin.o    -L. MyLinuxFunc
winegcc: File does not exist: MyLinuxFunc
make: *** [MyWin.so] Error 2

and the -L. is there to indicate the directory my library is in. Ive
looked up the winmain error and it looks like it appears that im
attempting to build a winmain application instead of a dll? How do i
specify a dll?

Im using wine1.2-dev and wine1.2 (well actually it says to the right
that its 1.1.42 installed version) from the lucid 10.04 ubuntu
repositories.