usp10/tests: having numbers in the ScriptStringXtoCP tests causes unpredictable behavior

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Thu Jun 17 16:31:41 CDT 2010

lats wrote:
> When does this unpredictability occur?  The tests have always run ok for
> me.

The issue appears to be, and I am still investigating, sometimes usp10
will reorder the numbers differently. It appears to have to do with if
windows and hdcs are repeatedly created and destroyed and cannot
generally be recreated reliably.  But if you look at earlier test runs
you can see how the occasional machine was reporting ordering errors.

They are still appearing on some machines so I am trying to continue to
understand this, but removing the number greatly increased the
reliability of the test.

I have a modified test that demonstrates the issue. (loops and it does
an Enum fonts and then then ScriptStringXtoCP test for each font. In the
whole set of fonts looped 3-4 times machines will demonstrate this
unreliability a few times)  If you are interested in this modified test
I can send you the patch.

-aric