Addition of En resources to non-En resources

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 05:14:47 CDT 2010

On 06/25/2010 12:08 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>>> Since when the editing of .rc files started to require coding skills?
>>
>> Fine, let's call it editing an up to date file and creating a patch out
>> of that.
>
> Creating an actual patch could be done someone else of course. I'm just
> curious, how the result of translating a .po file was supposed to be sent?
> Isn't it going to be a patch of some kind in any case?

I'm actually not sure if somebody already has an idea how to approach
this. I guess that we will end up with both resource files and po files
in our tree and that we indeed will have patches to po files as well.

The difference however could be that we could have a translation tool in
place (for example Pootle if that's viable) that automatically generates
the patches and sends them to wine-patches. One can even think of some
'approval layer' in between to verify if the translations actually
messes up the layout.

Why don't we add this as a nice topic for the next WineConf?

--
Cheers,

Paul.