[2/3] shell32: Implement SHParseDisplayName with basic tests

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 4 02:12:52 CST 2010

On 4 March 2010 07:55, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 03:18 AM, Nikolay Sivov wrote:
>>
>> This call is used by open file function of IE7.
>>

> Some added tests crash on W2K and below. I already sent a patch for that
> (http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/58988).
>
> There are however also failures introduced on Vista+:
>
> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/shell32:shlfolder.html
>
> Could you have a look?
>
> I'm a bit reluctant to say this again but running these tests on winetestbot
> would have shown these problems immediately.

If patch watcher is available, it could be taught to send patches to
winetestbot (winetestbot would need to be taught about patch series
and how to correctly apply/test them).

This would help pick out these issues earlier.

Oh and btw: winetestbot is awesome! Thanks to Greg for setting it up.

Thanks,
- Reece