Wiki - 3D driver issues

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:52:00 CST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:

> Am 08.03.2010 um 13:23 schrieb Roderick Colenbrander:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Multiple times a day you encounter people who can't get 3D working in
>> Wine. I'm getting so sick of these questions, that I decided to start
>> a new page on the Wiki.
>> http://wiki.winehq.org/3DDriverIssues
>>
>> Feel free to add more information to it. I don't want it to give
>> detailed instructions on how to install drivers but more a page which
>> gives hints on what is wrong and which points people in the right
>> direction to solve the problems. In case there is a distribution
>> specific issue like LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH on Ubuntu, such a thing could
>> be described there in short.
> Attaching a 32 bit glxinfo binary might be helpful for debugging 64 bit multilib issues.

A few months ago I added a 'winediag' channel which tries to detect
incorrectly setup opengl drivers. It catches situations but I didn't
know that 'direct rendering=yes' can also mean software rendering.
That's a case I still need to add.

I still think it would make sense to have a 'wglinfo' in Wine.

Roderick