winemp3.acm on the mac

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Thu Mar 11 20:46:27 CST 2010

Hello all,

  So I have been hacking on winemp3.acm on the mac to make use of
CoreAudio for mp3 decoding and I have just gotten it working. So now I
am faced with a questions.

   Do I setup winemp3.acm with #ifdefs to pick between the libmpg123 or
CoreAudio paths, leaving us with 1 winemp3.acm that can do both.

   Or do I create a new winecoreaudio.acm (or such) that just contains
the CoreAudio path.

   I see pluses and minuses to each and am unsure which would be better.
  I think personally I would prefer the first option however that
potentially really complicates the build system and then what happens if
someone has a mac with the libmpg123 headers.

   Adding a new acm would not be too problematic if people feel that
would be better. The advantage there is it would be possible to expand
that acm to handle all the types the CoreAudio handles and not just mp3.

   thanks!
-aric