[1/3] winex11: Add implementation of Triangle Inequality Nearest Neighbour algorithm.

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 04:29:55 CDT 2010

Hi Vitaly,

In case of Age of Empires the performance is certainly affected by the
DIB code. As you have seen, right now we perform all rendering (except
when XRender is around but that's typically for >8-bit) at the depth
of the Xserver and perform conversions back and forth. Alexandre
mentioned some time that we should avoid doing these conversions
altogether (they caused issues at <8-bit but I don't remember him
saying what the issues were) and that instead we should provide X11
with 8-bit data if we are dealing with 8-bit data. I guess that's how
he wants this to continue but I have no idea how easy it is to change
all this.

Roderick