GSoC '10 Project Proposal: Buildbot Automated Testing System

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Mar 18 23:28:59 CDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Arjun Comar <mandaya at rose-hulman.edu> wrote:
> --Buildbot--
> To keep from seeming pedantic, I'll be brief with this one. Automating
> testing suites are awesome and help keep down the number of bugs/regressions
> that pop up. It'd be really cool if Wine had something like this.

To be clear, Wine *does* have something like this already, but
it's kind of fragmented, and only a few people know how
to run all the pieces.  The value of Buildbot might be that
it's a popular system, so more people will be able to participate
in running more pieces of, and adding to, our automated build & test.
- Dan