Warnings on ignored returned values

Octavian Voicu octavian.voicu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 08:28:17 CDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Nate Gallaher
<ngallaher at deepthought.org> wrote:
> Should --enable-maintainer-mode be purged then, or should some additional
> flag magic be added?  I ran into this a long time ago as well and made the
> assumption that it had bitrotted.

Actually, in my case the problem is with Ubuntu -- the compiler is
configured to activate -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 by default. I tried with:

CFLAGS="-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0" ../wine-git/configure --enable-maintainer-mode

and I don't get the spurious warnings any more.

The reason I want maintainer mode is that I want to work a bit on the
Wine64 issues. Most of them show up as warnings as I understand.

Octavian