[1/3] WineD3D: check the GL flags in CheckDepthStencilCapability, not the static info

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Thu Mar 25 04:02:21 CDT 2010

Am Donnerstag 25 März 2010 09:10:19 schrieb Henri Verbeet:
> So what happens if the GL implementation doesn't support
> ARB_depth_texture, for example?
Good point. Maybe we should only look at those flags when we're using FBOs? I
think the other format checking functions handle it that way, I wondered why.
Patch 3 would still prevent float formats from being advertised without FBOs.

GL_EXT_framebuffer_object doesn't require GL_ARB_depth_texure, so technically
we might end up using FBOs without depth texture support. Possibility 1 is
that DEPTH_COMPONENT render buffers are still supposed to work, possibility 2
is that FBO rendering can't support depth buffers, which would make them
useless for our purpose.