Summer of Code applicant with ambition!

John Koelndorfer jkoelndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:22:33 CDT 2010

<snip quoted text>

Firstly, thanks to Roderick for the prompt reply. I had a feeling that
my ideas were a little much. :-)

That being said, I've again gone over the list of possible projects on
the Summer of Code page and one that particularly piqued my interest
was "Direct3D - Conformance / Performance / Interactive tests". This
seems like it may be a good fit given my lack of previous experience
in the Wine codebase. I haven't written any code for 3D-ish games but
I can't imagine that would be a huge setback. Maybe Dan Kegel or
someone else who has worked on D3D can comment here?

If that is not feasible, I think I would be a strong candidate for the
"Test Suite" project since my scripting-fu is fairly strong.

I've been looking through open Wine bugs but I've yet to find
something that fits with GSOC and my skill level. If there are any
suggestions for specific bugs to look into maybe I could build a
project around one.

Thanks!

John