Summer of Code applicant with ambition!

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:14:00 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:04 PM, John Koelndorfer
<jkoelndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (Correction: I've never worked on D3D :-)
>
> Fair enough, I just noted that you were listed as a possible mentor
> for that project so I figured you'd be the person to ask.
>
>> Sure, you could find and fix tons of problems that way, I bet.
>
> Well that's good to hear. If that can help the Wine hackers work
> faster and it's a low-grade learning curve then we might have a
> winner. Of course, I am still open to other suggestions if there are
> any.

One useful project could be to finish the DirectShow/Gstreamer work.
You would have to ask Edward Hervey about it. A few days ago he
mentioned on IRC that he was planning to check the status of the code
again and he had suggestions for future work about a generic
dshow/gstreamer wrapper. This area is a challenging area though but I
think there is not that much porcelain you can break.

Roderick