Implementation of WIndows Gaming APIs as GSoC project

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:59:17 CDT 2010

>> I suspect that once the classes exist, games will expect them to
>> actually work, and adding the stubs will break some games that
>> currently work.
>
> To avoid this problem, it should be possible to add option enabling these
> classes support in compilation configuration or Wine's config panel. Has
> this idea any sense?

If we really wanted to disable the classes by default, the way to do
it would be to not register gameux.dll by default. You could then run
regsvr32 gameux.dll to set them up for a Wine prefix, until it's
considered good enough to be enabled by default.

But I don't know if that sort of thing would be accepted in Wine, or
if it would be better to enable it from the start.