A proposal for implementing dxdiag.exe: thoughts?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Mar 31 16:00:28 CDT 2010

John wrote:
>OK -- it would definitely not make sense to redo the work if the tests
>are completed to satisfaction.
>In that case, I would recommend renaming/clarifying the suggested GSOC
>project on the Wine wiki.
>It seems to suggest that conformance tests need to be written.

Well, yes, but for the library that dxdiag.exe uses, dxdiagn.dll.
I'm not clear on how complete the tests for our dxdiagn.dll are;
if they're already complete enough, you could skip this step.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee416987(v=VS.85).aspx
for the public interface to this library.
- Dan