3dmark2000, 3dmark06 results on both Wine and Vista

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun May 2 02:48:22 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:
> One note of caution is that video card manufacturers have been known to
> blatantly cheat on these tests by rigging their drivers with special
> hacks when they detect 3dmark is running.  As far as I know the code may
> still be there.
>
> Since the Linux drivers probably don't have these hacks, if they are
> indeed still enabled you wouldn't get an Apples:Apples comparison even
> on the same hardware.

Scott, please bottom post on wine mailing lists.

As for the driver hacks, you might try renaming the executable (e.g.,
3dmark.exe ->3dmarktest.exe). Some of those hacks only check the
executable name, and renaming the executable restores the 'real'
behavior. Quake 3 was well known for this..

--
-Austin