Wine looses a bit gaming and wins mobility?

Evil Jay wine at eternaldusk.com
Thu May 6 07:39:46 CDT 2010

On 05/06/2010 02:24 AM, Edward Savage wrote:
> ...Plus, Phoronix refuses to release this binary their meant to have found which I tend to think means they don't have it.

What are you on about?  The binaries were up on Valve's servers for
several days, and lots of us downloaded them.  They exist, they were
just in an unusable pre-alpha state (when run, they fail connecting to
the servers).  Someone on the Phoronix boards posted a binary patch that
would allow it to bring up a single broken dialog.

> A better solution which you'd hope they'd approach Codeweavers or the
> likes of Ubuntu about would be integrating Wine into a native Steam to
> run Win32 binaries of non-native games.

I think you mean "slower" solution, that doesn't fix any of our problems
like in-game chat.  Native is always the better solution when you're
talking about something where performance is everything.

-J