Release plans

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Sun May 9 09:33:38 CDT 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> Unless some major problems come up, 1.1.44 will be the last of the 1.1.x
> series. The next release will be 1.2-rc1, which will mark the beginning
> of the code freeze. This should result in a 1.2 final sometime in June.

Would it be worthwhile to put together some sort of release
announcement detailing changes and improvements in Wine between 1 and
1.2? Some thing similar to what other projects release that tech sites
can pickup and talk about.  Maybe even a more formal press release
style document.

If not I feel it might be good to have a page, nicely formatted with
graphics, that listed some applications that run as-native that people
not using Wine can try so that they become familiar with the
application.  We could easily compile a list of 10-15 popular platinum
applications that those who discredit Wine would be surprised run
well.  A small blurb and some nice screen shots of each application
with links to their respective Appdb and Wikipedia entries would be
good.

I am volunteering to organise some thing like this if wanted but it'd
have to be some thing people were comfortable with and like the idea
of.