More benchmarks of 3d performance comparing windows and linux

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon May 10 07:49:23 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com> wrote:
> May I ask why no 3Dmark 03 or 05 benchmark results?

I'm trying to take care of Henri and Stefan's wishes/needs:

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2010-April/083083.html
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2010-April/083091.html

and figured that before I added too many more benchmarks,
I should get the automated daily report going.  Adding
wine3d3-on-windows tests, and ut2004, halflife2 and team fortress 2,
and maybe Resident Evil 5 benchmark,
are also on the to-do list.  (Though that last one might require
OCR; anyone know how to get FPS out of it into a text file on Windows?)

Patches to add support for more benchmarks would be welcome.
(I hesitate to use Steam or Battle.net for any of these benchmarks
because autoupdates and login problems make games hard to
script.)
I'm looking forward to the windows version of Phoronix Test Suite,
will probably add it when it's ready.
Are there any other benchmarks we should consider adding?
- Dan