today's performance results

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Tue May 11 00:55:03 CDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Why does Wine return a slow result sometimes?

Solar flares! ;)

I can't stay I notice this discrepancy in actual game play day after
day though.

I personally would be looking at memory available as the cause.  In
general you want to make sure you have plenty free as any excessive
swapping causes performance loss.  You can test this yourself by
trying a game with 1gb free memory and then trying the game again with
only enough to fit the games memory requirements (or even force it
over).  The difference will be easily noticeable.