Release plans

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Wed May 12 10:08:57 CDT 2010

On 05/09/2010 05:00 PM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Edward Savage <epssyis at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Unless some major problems come up, 1.1.44 will be the last of the 1.1.x
>>> series. The next release will be 1.2-rc1, which will mark the beginning
>>> of the code freeze. This should result in a 1.2 final sometime in June.
>>>

>> Would it be worthwhile to put together some sort of release
>> announcement detailing changes and improvements in Wine between 1 and
>> 1.2? Some thing similar to what other projects release that tech sites
>> can pickup and talk about.  Maybe even a more formal press release
>> style document.
>
> We definitely need a release changelog, yes.

It seems to me what we really want is more than a changelog but a proper
release announcement.  I want a journalist who has hardly heard of Wine
to read the page and understand what we've done and why it's great.

I've created a rough skeleton of things to have here:
http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine1.2Announcement

I'm very busy at the Ubuntu Developer Summit at the moment but I'll put
some good work into it soon.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie