Release plans

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed May 12 11:55:21 CDT 2010

Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> writes:

> On 05/09/2010 05:00 PM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> We definitely need a release changelog, yes.
>
> It seems to me what we really want is more than a changelog but a proper
> release announcement.  I want a journalist who has hardly heard of Wine
> to read the page and understand what we've done and why it's great.

Sure, that's the press release, we should have one too, but it's a
different thing. A changelog would be a detailed description of changes
that matter from a user point of view. It would list for instance new
builtin programs, new configuration options, new behaviors, new system
dependencies, backwards compatibility concerns, etc.  You can't put that
sort of things in the press release.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org