More benchmarks of 3d performance comparing windows and linux

Rico Schüller kgbricola at web.de
Thu May 13 12:59:06 CDT 2010

Am 13.05.2010 14:52, schrieb Dan Kegel:
> 2010/5/13 Rico Schüller<kgbricola at web.de>:
>
>>> I just tried 'winetricks glsl-disable' on heaven2_d3d9.  It sped it up
>>> about 8% (to 16.0 fps), but added some fun problems (e.g. scenes
>>> 7, 10, and 12 have a black sky).
>>>
>> Sceenes 7, 10 and 12 are totally black here on wine on opengl. But the linux
>> native client has the same problem. So I guess there opengl engine is
>> lacking some futures.
>>
> That's interesting.  What graphics hardware + drivers are you using?

Geforce 8800 GTS, 195.36.15

It could also be a bad driver. Could you see all scenes correctly using
Heaven_gl.bat ? The easiest way to detect this is to run two copys, one
with d3d9 and one with opengl. This way one could see, when a scene is
not drawn. Otherwise you could think that the black screen is only the
scene switching.