Steam hardware survey causing crashes (so next round of statistics will under-represent Wine users)

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue May 18 18:36:04 CDT 2010

Just a small note but occasionally we hear from Valve about steam
statistics and the percentage of Wine users.

I just got a crash from running the survey.  It makes me pretty unlikely
to click the button again, even if it doesn't crash in the future.  I
imagine other users would feel similarly.

This means we might be substantially underestimating Wine users if we
use the Valve hardware survey as a basis.  Last I remember we were at
0.4% or so, but that was over a year ago.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie