Release plans

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:08:44 CDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:31 PM,  <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

>>The 64-bit support is now more or less complete
> I hope I can finish my MCI parser patches in time. Without them,
> every 64bit app using MCI string commands is likely to crash (OTOH
> MCI commands work (those using the MCI_*_PARAMS structures)).
>

> What can Mac users expect from this release?

Hopefully, conversion to Linux :-).

> Yesterday I installed an app with wine-1.1.44 on Mac OS (instead of
> moving it from a Linux install). It was disappointing from a user POV:
>
> - Wine created .desktop files that work on Linux but don't make sense
>  on Mac OS.  Here I've been thinking about a simple patch that would
>  instead generate a .command file like I've described in the FAQ.
>  OTOH, Steven Edwards IIRC once had a much more elaborate patch about
>  better Mac OS integration, rejected last year.
>
> - In the hidden directory ~/.local/share/icons/ it created .xpm files
>  that the Finder does not display.  .png would be displayed.

winemenubuilder generates .png only for 24 and 32 bits-per-pixel
icons, all other resolutions get converted to .xpm. I am planning to
change it to make .png's for everything, since thumbnailing .lnk files
requires .png as output, and then keep .xpm only as a fallback when
libpng is not installed and we're not thumbnailing. This should help
you on MacOS too.