software built and worked under wine but not in vista?

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri May 21 12:31:58 CDT 2010

* On Fri, 21 May 2010, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:

> > To check this, it would be nice to run "winetricks vcrun6", recomple
> > the app in Wine and see if the resulting exe run OK on Vista.
>
> Tried that - the binary differs by 6 bytes - just timestamp and
> checksum. So using native msvcrt in vcrun6 has no effect.

To kindly process this situation you should enter a new bugreport, I
guess.  This list isn't for analysing particular bugs :)

> > > There are a few differences I spotted between the two executables:
> > > 1) setupgs-wine.exe has wrong image size, changing it from 0x2b200
> > > to 0x2b000 makes the executable working under win7.
>
> But that has to be a bug in wine - that it doesn't check the image size
> and loads PE with an invalid image size? (how that end up being invalid
> is a different issue).

It looks like that.  It would be nice to minimize resulting PE-image and
to make some loader test from it.  To end it up into this file, eg.:

 dlls/kernel32/tests/loader.c

Good luck with your future bug report :)

S.