software built and worked under wine but not in vista?

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 21 23:16:08 CDT 2010

--- On Fri, 21/5/10, André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de> wrote:

> compile your setupgs in wine but without the "mt-step" and
> try running it on vista.
> if mt breaks the PE file then submit a bug report
> describing wrong behavior of mt.

This is what I am doing next. I have also made a change to ghostscript trunk (r11296) so that the installer/uninstaller executables can be built ahead or independent of the rest. (they are normally built last so there were some hidden assumptions about some files being already generated).

I'll upload a source tarball to http://ghostscript.com/~hintak/ as *winedebug.tar.gz soon
with a small workaround (there is a bug about cmd/cp I filed and a work around in wine's bugzilla). To build the binaries do:

nmake -f psi/msvc32.mak bin\setupgs.exe bin\uninstgs.exe

I'll put all these in two bug reports - it is looking like two bugs;
- one where binaries are miscompiled
- wine's loader does not complain about the mis-compiled executables, but windows vista or win7 do.