make "bisected" a keyword in bugzilla?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Sun May 23 23:53:48 CDT 2010

Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ideally all regressions would be bisected, but that's clearly not the
> case. You can of course argue about terminology and / or mechanism,
> but I think it's useful to distinguish "possible" regressions from
> confirmed regressions with a commit id. Personally I think it would be
> nice if bugzilla could give me a list of commit id's and associated
> bugs, so I could use git and some scripting to do additional
> processing on that.

Probably it would be better to add a field for commit id that caused
a regression just like there is one for url/keywords instead of inventing
new keywords. So a 'regression' with a commit id would automatically mean
'bisected'. That would also save time of finding the commit id by looking
at every comment in the bug, and possibly avoiding finding incorrect
bisect results.

--
Dmitry.