Voting for own bugs not allowed?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Tue May 25 03:27:00 CDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Florian Köberle <florian at fkoeberle.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just someone informed me that I MUST NOT vote for my own bugs. Is there
> a reason for it?

I think it is disallowed because self promotion can make an app more
important while only few people may use it.

To be honest I would even suggest that we drop this voting stuff
altogether. Personally I think not much developers
look at votes at all. They more look at regressions they caused or
bugs in their field of expertise. Further most are
unpaid and work on stuff they like, so I doubt votes lead them much.

For users votes might be confusing as well. They think voting gives a
bug more priority to fix but as I already mentioned
I doubt it helps (it could help for commercial Wine distributions).

Roderick