Voting for own bugs not allowed?

Florian Köberle florian at fkoeberle.de
Tue May 25 10:10:10 CDT 2010

On 05/25/2010 03:55 PM, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> On 05/25/2010 12:46 AM, Florian Köberle wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> just someone informed me that I MUST NOT vote for my own bugs. Is there
>> a reason for it?
>>
> Voting for your own bug confirms it (changes status to NEW). You can not
> confirm your own bugs. As simple as that.

Hello Vitaliy,

two votes are required for a bug to be confirmed. In the case bug 22857
another user was just faster then me in voting for the bug. That's why
it looked like I was confirming my own bug.

I agree with you that an author should not confirm his/her own bugs as
it would make the state UNCONFIRMED superfluous.

Best regards,
Florian