Voting for own bugs not allowed?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue May 25 20:27:49 CDT 2010

>On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Vitaliy Margolen
><wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
>> On 05/25/2010 03:50 AM, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
>>> I'm for a patch to remove voting altogether.
>> +1
>> Actually no patch needed. Voting can be disabled via option "usevotes".
>
>Let's disable it then, but that's no reason to close otherwise valid
>bugs as invalid.

Actually, I like Rosanne's idea.  Make the field 'Can you reproduce this bug' and not allow the 'confirmed by votes' function.  Only a bug report that has been confirmed by an interested developer should be moved into that status and immediately followed by a work-in-progress type status with a dev name associated with it.

And I agree that people who report bugs should not be able to confirm, but they can supply hacks/patches that fix the problem...

James McKenzie