Release plans

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu May 27 12:28:57 CDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> James Mckenzie wrote:
>>

>>> Defaulting to $HOME/Desktop and $HOME/Documents is a good first step.
>>>

>> There are more directories: Music, Videos(Movies?), Pictures that IMHO
>> such a
>> patch should add at the same time since that's what MS knows about as
>> well.
>>
>> Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I haven't used Tiger in ages, but at least for me on Snow Leopard, I
>>> can't delete those directories, since OSX considers them 'essential to
>>> OS function'. The likelihood of them missing is small, IMHO.
>>>

>> Likelihood is not my friend.  ls -le (or was it ls -l@?) will show the
>> security attributes. You'll see that some of the directories have an ACL
>> that prevents them from deletion despite the UNIX chmod flags that ls -l
>> shows.
>>

> Either will work for this.
>
> The Desktop folder has a + at the end of the directory for the current
> user...
>
> I agree that the additional folders have to be created, the question is
> WHERE?  $HOME or somewhere else like .wine/drive_c/?

The code you're looking for is in shell32/shellpath.c:
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=blob;f=dlls/shell32/shellpath.c;hb=HEAD#l2119

feel free to send a patch. I haven't gotten my mac mini fixed up for
wine yet, it'll be a while before I have time to do so.

--
-Austin