Rome total war

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:54:36 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Keith Muir
<keith_kw_muir at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No don't have time to bisect this also I'm no trained to do it I'm also fed
> up being told it's so easy cos its not and why don't you have one guy
> trained who can be contacted to do it for others? or show others how to do
> it? I'm the maintainer for Rome total war latest report is the install fails
> got to be a regression fix it worked on 1.44

Wine-devel is for development discussion, not end user help.

Regression testing is relatively easy, lots of users do it all the
time. If you have trouble, consult the forum / wine-users for help.

Keep in mind wine is volunteer project, so you can't expect people to
do things for you, you need to help us help you.

For starters, you could check if the demo has the same problem:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/rometotalwar/download_6105478.html?sid=6105478&om_act=convert&om_clk=files&tag=files%3Btitle%3B1

that way someone else could run the regression test, since not
everyone has the game. Though with a poor attitude like that, I'm not
sure how many people would want to help you. Remember, you'll catch a
lot more flies with honey than with vinegar.

--
-Austin