Transparent windows

Vassilis Virvilis vasvir at
Mon Nov 1 18:03:41 CDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I am trying to run a pretty complex dotnet (3.5) app which renders flash contents via flash in a box

I have to say that congratulations are in order to everybody involved because the whole thing works remarkably well for such a complex amalgam of technologies and platforms.

The problem I am trying to debug right now is that transparent windows comes out black in wine. So the question is:
1) What are the wine debug channels I have to turn on in order to understand what's happening?
2) Any ideas where the code responsible might be located (gdi, user32, wineserver)?
	2a) Is it some window creation flag responsible for this?
	2b) Is it X-Window dependent? Does it require OpenGL and 3D effects enabled?

Thanks in advance