regedit: add a manpage

François Wendling frwendling at
Sat Nov 13 09:40:38 CST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 07:52:24PM +0000, Austin English wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at> wrote:
> > Austin English <austinenglish at> writes:
> >
> >> I wasn't worried about the patches being under my name. I'll email the
> >> author and ask him to submit them, but I'm not holding my breath,
> >> since the Debian wine package is very out of date and inactive. If I
> >> don't receive a response in a week or so, would it be okay to submit
> >> it under the original author's name?
> >
> > Only if there is clear evidence that the original author agreed to
> > distribute it under the LGPL.
> Sure, better safe than sorry.
> The Debian copyright file shows that the software is released under the LGPL:
> and you can see when the manpage was added in the changelog:
> if that's not clear enough, I'll wait for a response from Francois.
(and sorry, the thread may be messed up - i used the archive to reply)

Austin contacted me yesterday about these manpages, i prefer to reply here to
make things clear to everybody.

I thought the Debian wine package maintainer back in the time would ask for
inclusion of the user-contributed manpages in the upstream source, like it's
usually done :-/

About Licensing (i hate this...)

As long as the AUTHORS section of the manpages i wrote mentions their origins
and that modified versions are marked as such, do what you want - it usually
causes no problems with GPL software (see for example: so it shouldn't for LGPL :)

François "KnuckOne" Wendling (frwendling at free d0t fr)
GPG key: 048A18FE (