wanted: test.avi resource

Julius Schwartzenberg julius.schwartzenberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 13:50:48 CST 2010

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:
> Currently there are no tests in Wine of mciavi or mciqtz. The reason
> is incredibly trivial: I'd need a test.avi with defined properties that the tests
> check, and of course the file should be as small as possible to not
> weight too much in git.

There is already some test AVI data in the avifil32 tests. I wanted this
data to be as small as possible, so I created a 8x6 single frame file
and stripped that as much as possible. This file is now generated by the
avifil32 tests each time they're run. The create_avi_file function in
api.c creates this file using the static data in the same file.

In case you wonder about the source, it's the first frame of AJ's
WineConf 2009 keynote after conversion. I cannot imagine anything
remotely recognizable is still left in the test data though :)

Regards,
Julius