[mscoree/tests 4/4] Fix test failures on W2K and earlier

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 10:57:04 CST 2010

I think this test can be removed.

I wanted to verify that LoadLibraryShim would succeed for a dll that
is absent from the .NET system directory but present in system32. I
had heard of LoadLibraryShim succeeding for gdiplus, so I was very
surprised when this failed.

I was so surprised that I did the same test with gdi32, because I was
sure that would never be duplicated. (And it looks like it isn't.)

I think that the older versions must have gdiplus in the .NET system
directory so that the System.Drawing libraries (which are a thin
wrapper around gdiplus) can load it. I guess that .NET searches for
libraries in the .NET system directory and the regular path, meaning
this is not needed on later versions of Windows that have gdiplus in

Anyway, I think this shows that the success or failure is not
important in this case, and we don't need the test.