COM implementation clean up

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Nov 23 11:28:40 CST 2010

Hi all,

As many of you probably know, we currently have no standard way for
implementing COM objects in Wine. We use different techniques all over
the place. Some of them are better, other are worse or even ugly.
Together with Alexandre, we've chosen the technique that we believe is
the best known ATM. I've described it on the wiki page:

http://wiki.winehq.org/COMGuideline

There is a janitorial task to change all our existing code to follow the
guideline. Michael is going to use his scripting magics to do the work.

The plan is that all the new code should follow the guideline, so if you
are touching COM stuff in Wine, please get familiar with it. Any
comments are welcomed.

Cheers,
     Jacek