services: Allow one more combined service type

Paul Vriens at
Tue Nov 23 17:00:11 CST 2010

On 11/23/2010 11:17 PM, André Hentschel wrote:
> Am 23.11.2010 22:31, schrieb Paul Vriens:
>> Hi André,
>> On 11/23/2010 08:45 PM, André Hentschel wrote:
>>> I have a service with type 3, this patch allows him to run.
>>> It runs perfectly and does not produce FIXMEs or ERRORs, so it's fine.
>>> ---
>> Do you have some more information?
>> It's not possible (at least on XP) to create a service that has
> After that i tested a bit the service installer of the app (WinIoEx, can be found somewhere at sourceforge) and it
> seems the ServiceType in the Registry is sometimes set to 1(as the app wants it to) and sometimes to 3(wtf?).
> Can you confirm this?
> The regkey is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WINIOEX\Type
> i'm running a wow64 setup

Couldn't reproduce (wow64 as well) but:

looking at the source of that app I see that 'Type' is manually set to 3
(bug in the app I'd say) and after that the CreateService should set it
to 1. Not sure where things go wrong but this patch is definitely not