New version of exe-thumbnailer (0.7)

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 08:44:54 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Nicholas van Oudtshoorn
<vanoudt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/04/2010 08:39 AM, Octavian Voicu wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote..org
>> <mailto:scott at open-vote.org>> wrote:
>>
>>    Includes much prettier icons, support for Vista icons (with icoutils
>>    0.29.1) and more.
>>
>>    Screenshots and a description are at:
>>    http://wiki.winehq.org/exe-thumbnailer
>>

>> Nice! Any plans for Kubuntu / KDE support? :)
>>
>> Octavian
>>

> Nice!
>
> Just to note, KDE/Dolphin already has built-in support for thumnbailing exe
> files. (Although, in Fedora at least, it's not enabled by default; just tell
> dolphin to show previews for "Microsoft Windows Executables".
>
> I've also got code on the KDE reviewboard that'll take care of LNK files -
> if it gets picked up, that'll be natively supported by KDE too...
>
> Nicholas

How does thumbnailing LNK files work? You get a Windows icon path out,
which you have to convert to a *nix path - you'd have to use
~/.wine/dosdevices and do case-insensitive filename matching, and even
that would only work for LNK files created by Wine, those on a Windows
partition have Windows's idea of drive mappings which is probably
different from Wine.

Damjan Jovanovic