Ongoing Debian package maintenance.

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Wed Oct 13 19:18:25 CDT 2010

On 10/12/2010 10:59 PM, Austin English wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> My health has not improved at all since my last call for help with the
>> Debian package management. I really need someone to take over from me, or at
>> least some help to devise a new set of (semi-)automated build scripts. Any
>> volunteers?
>
> Since it appears this hasn't gone anywhere, do you still need a
> volunteer? If so, I can, just email me the scripts/other info off
> list.

I should step up here and offer to take over the whole thing.  I'd like
for the Ubuntu and Debian packages to be as identical as possible.  Many
of the issues are the same as well.

I will admit I don't use Debian much but that can easily change. In
general Ubuntu developers like for things to be done in Debian when
possible, since we share so much.

For instance we still don't have a package making use of Wine 1.2's 64
bit support because of the multiarch situation (which I believe is
finally starting to turn around now).

-Scott